Adelaide Cultural Safari offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself in South Australia's rich Aboriginal cultural heritage.
Adelaide Cultural Safari 6 hour tour will include:
- Informative commentary from a local guide about Adelaide's rich indigenous history.
- Visit key Aboriginal sites within the city centre
- See Australia's largest exhibition of ancient artifacts at the SA Museum and hear cultural stories from the local guide, who will also share the history of South Australia.
- Visit the Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute which is Australia’s oldest Aboriginal-owned and managed multi-arts centre where you will find one of South Australia's finest Aboriginal art displays.
- Travel to the magnificent coastal region of Glenelg which boasts significant Aboriginal history, and our local guide will take you to visit premier cultural destinations explaining local Kaurna land marks
- Have the opportunity to throw a traditional boomerang and learn of Aboriginal hunting techniques
- Visit Colebrook Reconciliation Park which is now a memorial to remember the Aboriginal children of the Stolen Generation and their families. See the 'Fountain of Tears' and the 'Grieving Mother' statues, sculpted by Silvio Apponi, through the untiring efforts of the Colebrook Tjitji Tjuta, the Blackwood Reconciliation Group, the Aboriginal Lands Trust.
- Tjilbruke is an important Creation Ancestor and is pivotal to the creation theories of the Kaurna people. Listen to the stories that lead the dreaming track and have the opportunity to see some of the significant Indigenous sites along this track.
- A tasting platter of indigenous food will be provided including kangaroo and local fruits.
Pick up and drop off is available from your accommodation.
- A MINIMUM OF 4 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR DEPARTURE. If the tour does not reach its minimum numbers a full refund will be provided.
Some of the above mentioned activities are subject to the following:
- Weather conditions
- Event, exhibitions and displays being rotated throughout the year
When a booking is made, Adelaide Cultural Safari will formalize your tour itinerary via the email provided.
Glenelg Visitor Information Centre, Glenelg South AustraliaGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation Policy • A FULL refund is provided to guests if the tour is cancelled by Adelaide Cultural Safari due to unforeseen circumstances and an alternative time is not established to undertake the tour • NO refund is provided to guests for non attendance at scheduled tour time • Guests can reschedule tour if required, however need to ensure that more than 48 hours’ notice is provided to Adelaide Cultural Safari via telephone confirmation on 0419 772 175 • All bookings cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled departure, will incur a 50% charge of tour cost • Guests that provide more than 48 hours notice of tour cancellation via telephone confirmation will a receive FULL refund Full payment is required at time of making booking